Saturday 9 January 2010

New Year... What else can I watch that's new?

Well happy 2010!
I'm not going to call it the new decade because I've been so *wisely* informed that it's not technically the new decade until 2011... I zoned-out before I could catch why. Something to do with the same thing that makes it the 21st centuary instead of the 20th... It's all beyond me.
I love junk-sales!- Don't you?
The last one went to, I managed to pick-up 'Star Wars: Episode 2' hard-back book. Obviously, I presumed that it wouldn't be all that good. Just a case of getting any-old person to write it, either way nerds will buy it, right? Imagine my suprise when I realised that it was actually a good book! Well, good except the fact that the guy can't write fight scenes to save himself. Good thing that in episode 2 they're not as frequent. It's more Padme and Anakin being in love than Obi Wan versus Jango.
It turns out that it's one of those annoying books that you can't put down. Last night I read 100 pages, cried twice and skipped three paragraphs of Jango and Obi Wan fights. All in all, a good night reading. Never-mind that Ionly had five hours sleep due to the three hours I spent reading without realising it.
So, if I remember my history, the next chapter should contain more than a few fight scenes... infact the rest of the book should except the little bit of Anakin/Padme lovey-dovey at the end. So in that respect there IS light at the end of the tunnel... but the tunnel is filled with clone-troopers and secretly evil Jedi Padawans....
Next on the random list of things I'm excited about: Avatar!
I've just seen it a few hours ago, so the 3D is stilll fresh in my mind. (My very gooey, very nerdy, mind.) 3D= AMAZING! If you haven't seen it yet, I recomend that you do. It is the coolest thing you will see this year, unless they remake the Star Wars saga in 3D (hint, hint, if you're listening George Lucas!) which isn't likely.
The new 3D is completely different from the crappy 70's red and blue. There are no rough edges and at no point should you presume that it is not worth the extra cost. I would go on about the 3D but if anything, it's likely that everyone has heard it before.
Avatar will become a classic... I garentee it!

No comments:

Post a Comment